Wednesday 24 September 2014

Reflections on Horror shots

My photo was a bit similar to my drawing because of where the things were in the picture compared to where I drew them to be. However it was hard to draw out what I wanted my shot to look like because I had a much clearer interpretation of what I wanted my result to be in contrast to what I drew. 

In my shot I think one of the things that worked really well was the lighting. The darkness of the shot made it automatically quite creepy.  Another thing that I thought worked quite well the overall scenery of a standard garden at night made it work.

To achieve an effect of spookiness and a horror theme I took the picture late so it was dark as I had to wait for the night because having outdoor scenery meant I would be using natural lighting from the sky. I did this on purpose to create a realistic lighting effect.

To improve the shots I took I could try and create the same effect indoors. This would allow me to use lighting more and create more of a chilling effect then I already did.  Another thing I could change is making my shot a extra long-shot; this would make the area look more spacious. 
My shot is a long-shot. I made the centre of my shot a direct view of my cabin it fits well with the genre of horror because of the dark colours which are denotations of horror.

No comments:

Post a Comment